Sunday, March 16, 2008

Quote

I have always loved a good quote. Some of my favorites are by Benjamin E. Mays. I've even started a collection of quotes and poems that I want to share with my daughter. Recently I've started to add little inspirational quotes to my students' assignments, etc. Until now, I've not had a way to keep up with all of the quotes that I find. But now I have just the place, my blog. No, this is not related to technology, but this particular quote is related to math. (It's by a mathematician and it's what I try to get my students to do when approaching any problem.) So here goes.

"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution. "

Bertrand Russell British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

1 comment:

ajam00 said...

Rose!
I love the quote! You are my SHERO. That quote applies to technology in general. I know I can get very frustrated when non-techy people can't state clearly the general nature of their computer issues. "My computer won't do anything" is not a fair troubleshooting statement. Further investigation sometimes reveals that the computer will power on, they can login and they can launch the application. They just can't perform some task within the application but their computer "won't do anything"!

I'll be back
freda